Sparklers can be dangerous if used incorrectly so please follow our safety advice:
- These are often viewed as harmless but they do burn at fierce temperatures and can easily cause injuries.
- Light sparklers one at a time.
- Supervise children with sparklers and never give sparklers to children under five.
- Make sure everyone handling sparklers wears gloves.
- Hold sparklers at arm’s length while being lit.
- Don’t wave sparklers about close to other people.
- Never hold a baby in your arms while you are holding a sparkler.
- When you have finished with the sparkler put it in a bucket of cold water.