Making Staffordshire the Safest Place to be
We are an ambitious, forward thinking fire and rescue service. We continue to be one of the most efficient and low cost services with an average cost per head of population of around £36.
Our Corporate Safety Plan for 2014 – 2017 is building on the success of our previous work and sets out our five strategic priorities to inform and drive our vision of making Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire the safest place to be.
Priority 1 - Risk Analysis and Planning
- To know and understand vulnerability in our communities, identify current and emerging risks to our organisation and prepare our firefighters for the emergencies they may face.
- The importance of this is to prioritise efforts on the most vulnerable in our communities.
Priority 2 – Engaging With All of Our Communities
- To understand our communities, businesses and partners to improve quality of life by a high quality fit for purpose public service.
- This helps us to understand the most important issues.
Priority 3 – Culture Leadership and Learning
- Invest in and develop our workforce to ensure that we continue to be a high performing organisation.
- Learning and development helps to keep us safe and able to do our job well.
Priority 4 – Prevent, Protect, Road safety and Community Wellbeing
- Educate communities and businesses to raise awareness about fire and road safety, the risks they face, reduce fires and mitigate the economic impact of fire.
- This is important as educating local communities helps prevent dangerous situations before they arise.
Priority 5 – Response and Resilience
- To ensure we provide safe, effective, efficient and resilient response arrangements.
- It will make sure we are always able to keep the community and our firefighters safe.