Festival Safety Advice
For this year’s V Festival we are running a competition via our Twitter page @staffsfire. You could win a pair of VIP weekend tickets with camping for V 2014. Click here for more information about the competition and our activity at this year’s V Festival.
Don’t drink and drive
- Fact Your actions have consequences- if you are caught drinking driving you could get a prison sentence or driving ban
- Fact If you have been drinking, the alcohol may affect your coordination the following day and you may be over the limit
- Tip Don’t drink and drive, If you’re planning on driving to or from a festival, we would advise that you don’t drink alcohol the previous day, to ensure that you aren’t over the limit
- Tip Make arrangements prior to the festival as to who in your group will be driving
- Fact Drivers caught without a seatbelt can be issued with £60 on the spot fines. If prosecuted the maximum fine is £500
- Fact If passengers in a vehicle are caught not wearing a seatbelt the driver can be fined by police
- Fact seatbelts save around 2000 lives every year!
- Tip Always wear a seatbelt- drivers and passengers who don’t wear seatbelts in both the front and back of the car are breaking the law
- Fact the carbon monoxide emissions from dying embers of a barbecue can kill if put in a tent
- Fact The carbon monoxide from a badly adjusted camping light or stove can be lethal
- Tip Ensure that ash from barbecues has cooled down before disposal as it could result in a grass fire or burns
- Never use mobile phones whilst driving - you could be disqualified from driving or riding and get a maximum fine of £1000 and get 3 penalty points