Reference No: 101/2014
Request Date: 10/11/2014
- Which IT disposal company does the organisation currently use to dispose of redundant IT equipment?
- How do you advertise upcoming contracts?
- How long is the IT disposal contract for and when does it expire?
- Who is the best contact to speak to responsible for IT disposal and WEEE recycling in the organisation?
- What is important to the organisation when choosing an IT disposal supplier?
- What type of security accreditations does the organisation take into consideration when choosing an IT disposal supplier?
- How often does the organisation dispose of redundant IT equipment?
- How many sites does the organisation require collections from?
- On average how much equipment is collected on a normal collection?
- What type of documentation does the organisation require back for auditing purposes?
- Do you receive a financial return from your current IT disposal partner?
- Do you require onsite data destruction services?
- How many IT users do you have in your estate?
- Do you have any current or upcoming projects that'll result in redundant IT equipment?
- No single company used
- No advertising done
- Mark Ash
- Legal compliance and cost
- ISO 27001
- Ad hoc
- Nothing pacific
- Weee directive compliance documents and proof of secure disposal
- As no single supplier – varies
- Potentially but not currently
- Approx. 900
Please note that the person/persons named in response to 101/2014 wished to exercise their individual rights under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR) not to receive direct marketing. As such any form of marketing approach made to this person/theses people will constitute a breach of either the DPA or PECR. Any such approach will be reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office for them to take the appropriate regulatory action.