Reference No: 109/2014
Request Date: 24/11/2014
- How many times have your websites, social media and IT systems or phone systems been successfully hacked/broken in to, or information copied or stolen from digital information storage centres, over the last three years (using the most up-to-date data available)? Please give details of each incident.
- How many attempts have there been to hack/break in to the same systems over the same time period (by attempts, I mean unsuccessful efforts or those that you may have thwarted)? Please give details of each incident.
- If you do not know the answers to questions 1 and 2, why not?
- How many of these successful or unsuccessful/thwarted attempts (as outlined in questions 1 and 2) were by individuals, groups or organisations that you know or suspect to be terror related or have links to terror organisations? Which terror related individuals, groups or organisations were they?
- How many of these successful or unsuccessful/thwarted attempts were by individuals, groups or organisations that you know or suspect to be illegal or carrying out illegal activities (other than the hacking)? Can you please reveal their identities?
- What was the impact of any successful hacks/interference and what impact did it have for the public?
- Was personal data of any member of the public at risk, or copied, or stolen? If yes, please provide specific details.
- Please provide details of what happened in each successful or attempted hack or break-in – for example, the alteration or removal of information on/from a website, the “downing” of a website or phones, or the theft or cloning of information from any digital information storage centres such as hard drives or servers.
- Can you please send us any footage/screen grabs of any hacked websites etc?
- What actions have you since taken to increase your security?
- Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service continually review and monitor security of all IT related systems in line with best practice.