Suspension of Fire Officers
Reference No: 032/2015
Request Date: 08/04/2015
- How many suspensions of fire officers within your Brigade commenced in the past five financial years (overall total); 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015?
- How many were suspended on full pay in the past five years?
- How many are currently suspended on full pay?
- How much has the suspension of fire officers cost your force in the past five financial years/past financial year (eg cost to organisation and salaries)?
- Since April 2010 to date, what is the longest period any fire officer (including rank) has been suspended for?
- Of those suspended at the moment, what is the longest period any fire officer (including rank) has been suspended for?
- What type of allegation (misconduct, assault, etc.,) have fire officers been suspended over (breakdown of number of officers for each offence)?
- How many fire officers suspended during the five years resigned before disciplinary proceedings?
In relation to questions 3 & 6 we are unable to provide current details due to low number which would identify individuals and we consider this to be exempt under section 40 ‘Personal Information’ of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), as the information could identify an individual and therefore constitutes ‘personal data’. Due to the small numbers involved, disclosure of the information would breach Principles 1, 2 and 6 of the Data Protection Act (DPA) (‘fairly and lawfully processed’, ‘processed for specified purposes’ and ‘processed in line with individuals’ rights’).
- 2010 – 2011 =1
2011 – 2012 =0
2012 – 2013 = 4
2014 – 2015 = 4
- All were suspended on full pay
- See above
- Cost of suspension pay is approximately £28200, our payroll system cannot break this down exactly due to the nature of the retained payment scheme.
- 5 months due to case complexity and grievance raised, suspending the disciplinary process
- See above
- Conduct - 12
Alcohol related – 1