The winners of Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s prestigious MORE Awards are set to be revealed next week.
"We have an incredibly dedicated and hard-working team which is made up of operational firefighters, support staff, fire authority members and volunteers, all of whom are 100 per cent committed to keeping the communities of Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent safe."
Chief Fire Officer Peter Dartford
The event is now in its eighth year and has seen some of the strongest and most inspirational nominations in its history.
The ceremony aims to highlight the excellent work carried out by operational and support staff as well as Fire and Rescue Authority members and volunteers.
It will take place in the Ingestre Suite at the County Showground in Stafford on June 23.
Chief Fire Officer Peter Dartford said: "We have an incredibly dedicated and hard-working team which is made up of operational firefighters, support staff, fire authority members and volunteers, all of whom are 100 per cent committed to keeping the communities of Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent safe.
"It was a difficult task to shortlist the nominees as the standard was very high and every member of the team plays a vital role in delivering the first class service that our residents expect and deserve. However, the people who have been shortlisted really have gone the extra mile and I am delighted to recognise their outstanding contributions."
Fire Service Champion – Staff Nominated
• John Kitchener (Headquarters)
• Green Watch Cannock with Kelly McCulloch (Cannock)
• Joyce Underwood (Stafford)
Community Wellbeing Award
• Claire Underwood - Staffordshire & Stoke on Trent Partnership Trust (NHS) (Lichfield/Tamworth)
Peter Harrison Innovation and Improvement
• Joanne Hammersley (Newcastle)
• David Askey (Headquarters)
• Rowan Kitton (Headquarters)
Member Involvement in the Community (Inspired by Sonja Oatley)
• Rex Roberts (South Staffordshire- posthumous)
Service to the Community
• WSDG Community Safety Officers Kelly McCulloch (Cannock), Chris Jenkins (South Staffordshire), Mark Downes (Stafford), Ben Shipley (Rugeley), Victoria Cooper (Stafford), Rachel Spruce (South Staffordshire)
• Madeline Cheadle (South Staffordshire)
• Bill Beck (Tutbury)
Fundraiser of the Year
• Kelvin Chell (Hanley)
• Paul Radcliffe (Stafford)
Leadership Message and Cultural Framework
• Caroline Firkins (Stafford)
• Carmel Warren (Stafford)
• ICT Department (Headquarters)
• Waterford-Wedgwood-Royal Doulton (Barlaston)
• Seed Software (Hull)
• Tim McKie (Newcastle)
Young Person of the Year (Sponsored by James T Blakeman & Co. Ltd)
• Michael Nolan, Amy Nolan and Sarah Nolan (Stafford)
• Jack Houlston (Cannock)
• Lydia Hooley (Headquarters)
Fire Service Champion – Externally Nominated (Sponsored by James T Blakeman & Co. Ltd)
• Darren Smith (South Staffordshire)
• Kelvin Chell (Hanley)
• Jamie Devey (Lichfield)
Floral decorations for the ceremony will be provided by Crazy Daises in Stone.