Budgets, redundancies, station closure
Reference No: 014/2016
Request Date: 29/01/2016
- The total budget for the fire and rescue service for this financial year (2015/16) and, if possible, the provisional total budget for each financial year from 2016/17 to 2019/20.
- Do you have plans to make redundancies in the Fire and Rescue Control Room in the next five years? If so, how many?
- Do you have plans to make redundancies for active fire-officers in the next five years? If so, how many?
- Do you have plans for any station closures in the next five years? If so, how many?
- How many volunteers work at your fire authority, and do you have plans to increase the use of volunteers?
- As a consequence of the funding settlement under comprehensive spending review, have you had to change any plans to upgrade equipment or recruit new staff?
- 15/16 - £41m, 16/17 - £40.5m, 17/18 £39.1m, 18/19 £39.2m, 19/20 £39.8m
- We don’t employ any Fire Control staff as this service is contracted out to WMFS
- No plans at present, we are hoping to continue with our current methodology of reductions being achieved through natural wastage such as retirements.
- There are no plans for any Station Closures. We are looking into possible collaboration and integration opportunities with Staffordshire Police and wider partners. This work is very much in the identification and scoping phase with no plans or decisions identified or made.
- We currently have around 70 volunteers. The current strategy is for the period of 2014-17 and so will soon be up for review. We are always looking at the potential to increase volunteers numbers, to help support our core business as well as offering unique opportunities to people who want to volunteer their time.
- There are no plans currently to make active-fire officers redundant.