Stay Well This Winter Campaign
Winter can be seriously bad for our heath, especially for people aged 65 and over and people aged and people with long-term health conditions.
We are supporting the Stay Well This Winter campaign coordinated by Public Health England. The campaign aims to reach out to all of our communities but with a particular focus on over 65s and people with a long term health condition by encouraging people to:
- Take up the free offer of a flu vaccination for children aged 2-4, pregnant women, over 65s and those with a long term health condition
- Seek advice from a pharmacist at the first signs of Winter illness
- Prepare for the closure of pharmacies over Christmas by stocking up on cold weather remedies and ensuring you have prescription medicines
The service are supporting the campaign with the following activity:
- A social media campaign to help raise awareness of the campaign
- Home visit leaflet kits incorporating the key health messages
- Messages to be displayed on fire appliances
- Banners in support of the campaign to be displayed outside all fire stations
For more information to help ensure you stay well this Winter visit the NHS staywell page.