What to do after a fire
Having a house fire can be a very traumatic experience and there can be a lot to consider before you can return to normal life
- What do I do first?
If you suffer from any respiratory problems and you have inhaled smoke or you feel unwell after a fire seek immediate medical assistance from your GP or go to your nearest Hospital Accident and Emergency Department.
- Is the building safe after a fire?
- Can I use my gas, electric and water?
- Insurance issues
If you are insured your insurance will be the single most important component in recovering from a fire loss.
- What should we do with food and cooking utensils?
- Can we use electrical appliances?
- What do we do with our furniture?
For more information about what to do after a fire-click here