Community Advice Team
Our Community Advice Team offers tailored advice and guidance for residents and businesses across Staffordshire to help keep our communities safe.
To contact the Community Advice Team for fire safety advice or more information about Safe and Well Visits call 0800 0241 999 (lines are open from 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday).
What does the Community Advice Team offer?
- Advice on topics such as, fire safety in the home, escape plans, road safety, electrical equipment and appliance safety, health, wellbeing, social isolation, home security, safety for young children, frailty and falls etc.
- Booking Safe and Well visits where the need is identified.
- Advice and support for partners who have been trained by Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service under our Olive Branch scheme.
- Guidance for private landlords on the newly implemented landlord legislation
- Advice and support for businesses, groups and organisations
- Hard of hearing and deaf advice, support, visits and appointments for fitting specialist equipment.
Safe and Well Visits
Safe and Well Visits are tailored towards your individual needs and may including help and advice in the following areas.
- Fire safety (cooking, electrical, escape routes, night time routine etc.)
- Smoke alarm testing
- Mobility, Falls and Frailty
- Physical health issues
- Hoarding and disorganised living
- Safe heating, insulation and layout arrangements
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Home security
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Lifestyle behaviours
Residents who are deaf or hard of hearing can text a request or enquiry to 07528 983 101.
We also have a dedicated phone-line in to the Community Advice Team for Olive Branch Partners to make referrals - 0300 3300 200.
Issues with current alarms - residents experiencing issues relating to current smoke alarms can contact the Sprue technical support page: http://fireangel.co.uk/support/